Re: Wrapper for GPGME

From: Christopher Culver
Subject: Re: Wrapper for GPGME
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 16:28:06 +0300

On 2003-08-27 16:15:18 +0300 Nicolas Roard <nicolas@roard.com> wrote:
Cool ! a key manager is a really good idea :-) -- just what I missed to go
with GNUMail... ;-)
a GPGME lib could also be used by the GNUMail PGP bundle ..

Well, I've already got it where it can list keys. Listing subkeys and signatures will come tonight, deleting and signing keys in the next couple of days, and generating new keys and signing/encrypting content in the next couple of weeks. I hope interested people will contribute, things will move faster if I'm not alone. Those who were scared off by the code in my Charmap project will be happy to know I'm using Gorm for KeyRing.

I hope to keep the custom class small enough to where Ludo can just copy it over to GNUMail. GPGME is a really nice library, and so far it doesn't seem like it'll take anything big and convoluted to interface with it.

The only thing I'm worried about is API changes. The GPGME developer says the API is in no way stable.

Christopher Culver

--
Christopher Culver - crculver@users.sourceforge.net
PGP key ID: ECA6CDA8 (sign only)