RE: ANN: PhotoClip-0.1 - yet another image viewer.

From: PUYDT Julien
Subject: RE: ANN: PhotoClip-0.1 - yet another image viewer.
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 07:40:54 +0200

Le mar 26/08/2003 à 23:48, Vaisburd, Haim a écrit :

> > * in ImageWindow.m, in setImageFromFile: you don't check if
> > initWithContentsOfFile was successful before using the image to change
> > the view, etc... how do you know it will succeed?
>
> I do not know how to check that. Please help, anybody.

If the method fails, it returns nil.

> > * I opened little png, but still had the big window;
>
> Are you able to see the png image though? I'm not..

I am able, yes.

> > * rotations didn't quite work as expected...
> That's what I want to hear more about! That's serious.

Well, PhotoClip doesn't rotate the image here. It rotates the dimensions
of the image, then scales the image with that, without the rotation. I
couldn't exactly tell what was wrong yesterday because I had only opened
too symetric images; I found one very wide and not very tall image, and
with it the effect is clear.

> What are your gnustep versions? What backend do you use?

I'm using the official Debian/Sid packages:
gnustep-base: 1.7.2-2
gnustep-gui: 0.8.8-5 (with Xlib backend, version 0.8.8-1)

I found the rest of your explanations clear, thanks!

Snark on #gnustep