Re: [RFC] Header organization of -base & -gui

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: [RFC] Header organization of -base & -gui
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 19:44:23 +0200

David Ayers wrote:

Hello Everyone and HEADS UP!

We are about to go through with the Header change in cvs!

gnustep/base      -> GNUstepBase
gnustep/unicode   -> GNUstepBase/unicode
gnustep/gui       -> GNUstepGUI

GSXML.h and GSMime.h (previously installed in Foundation) will move to GNUstepBase All GS* GM* IM* headers (previously in AppKit gnustep/gui) will move to GNUstepGUI

The following headers are private to GNUstep and will not be installed any more!
-base:
mframe.h
DistributedObjects.h
objc-load.h

-back *all* headers in:
gnustep/art
gnustep/gsc
gnustep/win32
gnustep/lib
gnustep/x11
gnustep/xdps
gnustep/xlib

(This list is still subject to change.  Please see below.)

For all the offical headers -make will create dummy headers in the old location that emit a warning and include the header from the new location, at least until the next stable release. Please update your projects accordingly.

Projects that currently use -Wall -Werror and include on of the affected headers will break (like cvs ProjectCenter). Coordinated with the respective maintainers, the projects in the gnustep repository on savannah will be updated shortly.

Also be *very* cautious about the headers currently installed on GNUstepGUI. Some are meant to be public yet some are only temporarily there due to integration issues with -back. If in doubt, please ask.

Some details are still being discussed so this might not be the final version. I will post it as after committing.

Sorry for the delay. If you really want to kno why the delay, feel free to ask privatly, but the short version is... you wouldn't beleive it... :-)

The transition of -base and -gui is done and I'm looking into updating the projects on savannah / gnustep accordingly.

Cheers,
David