Re: configure promise + new seg faults

From: Stefan Böhringer
Subject: Re: configure promise + new seg faults
Date: 12 Aug 2003 11:34:04 +0200

On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 05:21, Adam Fedor wrote:
> On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 03:53 AM, Stefan Böhringer wrote:
[..]
> > I figured that GSConfig.h was empty - and that I now have to run
> > configure in each of the core components. The promise of having to
> > configure only once in make seems to have gone. Such changes should be
> > clearly announced on the list IMHO.
> >
> I'm not sure what you mean. You always have had to run configure in
> each of the core libraries.
[..]
Hm,... not so long ago at least it worked to just run configure in make.
Also the compile-all script did not contain configure calls other than
in make not a long time ago. I'm not aware of any official statement,
but as far as I understood GNUstep was ment to be rather configure-free
in that the important variations are checked for when installing make
and other packages are shielded from configure through a global
GSConfig.h (or the libraries themselves if end user applications are
concerned).

Stefan