cvs segfault

From: Stefan Böhringer
Subject: cvs segfault
Date: 08 Aug 2003 12:01:54 +0200

I have now tracked down my problem to some extend.
In fact I copied a binary from my faulty system to another one and
executed it there (older cvs, but otherwise very similar).
This gave me the "NXConstantString does not respond to ..." error,
indicating that the wrong string class came into use. Nevertheless there
seems to be a new bug in the exception raising code leading to the
recursion and segfault on my system.
When I scrutinize the makefiles I no longer find any mention of
NX_CONST_STRING_CLASS=NSConstantString and making with "messages=yes"
consequently does not reveal a -fconstant-string-class=NSConstantString.
Adding that manually I get
GSCategories.m:565: error: cannot find interface declaration for
`NSConstantString'
I'm clueless as to why that is. I have still gcc.2.96 installed here
alongside with gcc.3.3 which is used as gcc3. This has worked very well
thus far.

Thanks, Stefan