Renaissance, EOInterface

From: Dirk Lattermann
Subject: Renaissance, EOInterface
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 18:13:42 +0200

Hello,

please excuse me delaying this so long, but I haven't found time
to work on it the last few weeks :-(

I have put the Renaissance extension library for EOInterface
(a GSMarkup object for EODisplayGroup and connectors for
EOAssociation subclasses) on

http://www.folgenschwer.de/GNUstep

together with the modified version of MulleEOInterface that should
compile for GNUstep/GDL2.  I'm afraid it will not work with GNUstep
and GDL2 because of a EODelayedObserver(Queue) issue (see the text on
the mentioned page).

I'm not very happy with the name of the connector class
EOMarkupAspectConnector because it seems somewhat clumsy that its
main attribute has the same name, i.e.,

<aspect aspect="value" target="#dgEmp" key="salary"/>

(see the Main.gsmarkup file in the provided example application).
Maybe someone has a better idea for naming things?

I hope you will find this useful, I will continue (albeit slowly).
I also hope I didn't mess up my configuration management too much and
you will be able to get this installed and working...

Cheers, Dirk