Re: Unable to compile ProjectCenter 0.3.5 on SuSE 8.2

From: Pablo Di Noto
Subject: Re: Unable to compile ProjectCenter 0.3.5 on SuSE 8.2
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:41:31 -0300

Hi,

Hello Pablo,

When I try to compile ProjectCenter 0.3.5, it fails when compiling the
first file;
What I am doing wrong?

Making all for library libProjectCenter...
 Compiling file PCBrowserController.m ...
PCProject.h:86: warning: `PCGModels' defined but not used
[snip other warnings]
PCProject.h:116: warning: `PCBuildTool' defined but not used
make[2]: *** [shared_obj/PCBrowserController.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [libProjectCenter.all.library.variables] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/root/Development/ProjectCenter-0.3.5/PCLib'
make: *** [internal-all] Error 2

This looks *very* much like the same symptoms I had when testing the
header change.  It has to do with the fact that ProjcetCenter makefiles
uses
-Wall -Werror
which is generally OK for cvs but not to good for releases, because the
kind of warning the compiler emits is compiler version dependent.  We
should replace the static warnig options with some variables that can
differentiate between cvs and tarballs.

For you case, you can just locally remove all occurances of -Werror

Yep, it did the trick.
I just removed -Werror from all GNUmakefile.preamble (3 files) and GNUmakefile.bundles and that's it.

Thanks to all!
///Pablo