Re: More recent CVS woes...

From: Michael Hanni
Subject: Re: More recent CVS woes...
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 09:12:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

--- Pete French <pete@twisted.org.uk> wrote:
> > Are you sure you have all current cvs installed or are you perhaps
> > mixing some
> > old and some new?
>
> Entriely new. I did:
>
> rm -rf /usr/local/GNUstep
> rm -rf ./gnustep
> cvs co gnustep
>
> and started from there my CVS root is set to:
> CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/gnustep

(I missed your first email, so I apologize if I'm way off here.)

Out of curiosity, are you using libffi or ffcall?

Up until this week I had been using libffi without problems. Now, out of the
blue, most applications SEGFAULT several seconds after launching deep within
GSFFI* (this is with current CVS.) Recompiling -base to use ffcall results in a
usable GNUstep environment.

I'm trying to make sense of the backtraces, but this area of -base is beyond my
skill.

Cheers,

Michael