Sun is receptive to the idea of making the Lighthouse applications Free

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Sun is receptive to the idea of making the Lighthouse applications Free Software
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 13:29:47 -0700 (PDT)

All,

We are now seeing progress at Sun!!  Robert and I have been in contact with
some people over at Sun about the petition and there is good news.

The person we spoke to said that Sun would consider it, but lacks the resources
to fully vet out the code and make certain that there are no roadblocks to
releasing the source.

While, I can't guarantee anything at this point, it is definitely a positive
sign in the right direction.   Robert and I will send more information about
this to the list as it develops.

I would like to encourage anyone who wants to see this happen to sign the
petition in my sig below concerning the applications.   It is important to show
Sun that we are serious about this.

Thanks, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento
-- bheron on #gnustep, #linuxstep, & #gormtalk ----------------
Please sign the petition against software patents at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/pasp01/petition.html
Petition to make Lighthouse Application Suite Free Software at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/laafs/petition.html
--- Main Developer of Gorm (featured in April Linux Journal) ---