Re: Problem with AppKit/Fonts?

From: Andreas Voegele
Subject: Re: Problem with AppKit/Fonts?
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 21:10:00 +0200

Dietmar Dreyer writes:

> Hi erverybody!
> I'm really new to GNUStep but also really enthusiastic. I installed
> the complete GNUStep-Suite on a fresh Redhat 9 Intel686-Platform and
> everything went fine. There's only one problem: All GUI-Elements of
> the AppKit do not display any fonts, there are just blank menus,
> buttons etc.  Any ideas?

The text isn't visible since it is drawn in the wrong colour.

I've just installed the CVS version of gdb, but the Objective-C
support is pretty useless since the "next" command does not work
properly.

"printf" debugging shows that the foreground colour is set to the
background colour just before the text is drawn:

setColor: fg=000000
setColor: fg=000000
setColor: fg=FFFFFF
setColor: fg=FFFFFF
setColor: fg=545454
setColor: fg=545454
setColor: fg=AAAAAA
drawGlyphs: fg=AAAAAA

I'm also new to GNUstep and I don't think that I'll be able to find
this bug without a working version of gdb within a reasonable amount
of time.

BTW, is anyone working on Objective-C bindings for GTK+ 2?