Re: ANN: back-art resources 0.1.1

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: ANN: back-art resources 0.1.1
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:28:52 -0600

On Thursday, July 10, 2003, at 07:27 PM, Alexander Malmberg wrote:

Adam Fedor wrote:
[snip]
Where should this package be? It would be good to have it as close to
-back as possible, but it's probably too big to have it in -back
(uncompressed, Free* is 2.5mb, Vera* 0.5mb).

We could put it in core, but perhaps rename it to something like
BackResources or SystemResources to make it more general

Well, although it isn't strictly -art specific, it is .nfont-specific.
Do you want to make it a generic resource package instead? I'm not sure
this is a good idea. Fonts tend to be fairly large, so it would likely
lead to a very large package, of which most users only want a small
part. If it's just different packagings of Vera* and Free*, creative use
of symlinks in the "source" might help.

Well I want to make it just basic resources - just enough to get the backend working, so hopefully that won't make it too large