[Q] select equivalent in Win32 for normal file?

From: S.J.Chun
Subject: [Q] select equivalent in Win32 for normal file?
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 15:42:26 +0900 (KST)

Hi,

I thought I've almost done with my patching GSFileHandle, NSRunLoop, GSTcpPort
and etc for networking. But
there appears big problem. When I run nsconnection_serve/client, it runs
well(actually my sony vaio c1-mtl, which
uses crusoe cpu emits error when sending structs... I don't know why). But when
I run call which uses standard
in/out/err and they should be monitored in NSRunLoop, it does not work. Now
here comes the question, is there
any equivalent method or call for select for normal file or stdin,out,err like
descriptors? And how can I know
given descriptor is for socket or for file? I think this is my last problem
during patching... :-) Thanks in advance.