Re: Renaissance and EOInterface

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Renaissance and EOInterface
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 13:02:30 +0100 (BST)

> > It is meant to be used for the reverse operation - when you generate XML
> > from a tree of objects, you call tagName of each object/class to know
> > which tag to use to encode that class.
>
> I wasnt actually aware that renaissance could generate XML as well
> as read it.

Of course it can. :-)

> Is this for graphical editor support by any chance ?

Yes.  Not of much use outside that, in the sense that it needs a tree of
Renaissance objects to generate anything useful, and you need a
specialized application to edit that tree (and present it with a graphical
editable representation).  In other words, you can't just take a NSWindow
and encode it.