Re: Object-Archiv

From: Dirk Theisen
Subject: Re: Object-Archiv
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 15:42:30 +0000

Hi!

Perhaps I can put into this discussion some experiences gained from
the famous MiscKit that was in place in the NeXTstep/OPENSTEP days.
[snip]

However, I don't want a library. What I want from this is a informal,
indexed collection of random stuff. A short description and a few
other pieces of information (license? dependencies?) for each
package, and an easy way for me to grab the file(s) so I can use them
in my projects.

Yes, please NOT a library. Those always have the problem of being either too small (not enough functionality, though not really compatible with other libraries) or way too big (MiscKit, Omni Frameworks with many dependencies).

Single classes and categories would be very nice. A Wiki could be a good way to document and index them. There would be no urgent need for a "public" cvs, since you can simply download the two files from the web (or copy-paste from the wiki pages). cvs would of cause be needed for maintainers.

Greetings,
  Dirk

--

Dirk Theisen <d.theisen@objectpark.net>
Objectpark Development <http://www.objectpark.net/>

Strundener Str. 108, D-51069 Cologne, Germany
Phone +49 (221) 680 85 49, Fax 680 85 51