Re: _time_zone_path() returns nil in latest version

From: Andreas Hoeschler
Subject: Re: _time_zone_path() returns nil in latest version
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 17:26:37 +0200

Hi Richard,

Not sure, but filesystem layout was changed fairly recently (I voted against it) ... so it could be that you have somehow got a missmatch between where the timezone files are located, and where the code is looking for them. I think the new path is /usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries/Resources/gnustep-base/ NSTimeZones

I just found this directory and realized that the dir NSTimeZones is missing here. I only have

English.lproj French.lproj German.lproj Italian.lproj Languages NSCharacterSets

I copied ../core/base/NSTimeZones/NSTimeZones.tar into this directory and untarred manually. This fixed the problem.

I guess there is something wrong with the GNUmakefile or GNUmakefile.postamble file of the NSTimeZones subproject. In the NSTimeZones project

bash-2.03# make install
cp NSTimeZones.tar /opt/GNUstep/System/Libraries/Resources/gnustep-base; \
cd /opt/GNUstep/System/Libraries/Resources/gnustep-base; \
if [ -f NSTimeZones/localtime ]; then \
  cp NSTimeZones/localtime /tmp/localtime.tmp; \
        else \
          rm -f /tmp/localtime.tmp; \
fi; \
rm -rf NSTimeZones; \
tar -xf NSTimeZones.tar; \
rm -f NSTimeZones.tar; \
if [ -f /tmp/localtime.tmp ]; then \
  cp /tmp/localtime.tmp NSTimeZones/localtime; \
  rm -f /tmp/localtime.tmp; \
        fi

the file is copied but then removed again. Who can fix this?

Regards,

   Andreas