Re: Text drawing bug - gaps after 16th character in scaled view

From: Kazunobu Kuriyama
Subject: Re: Text drawing bug - gaps after 16th character in scaled view
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 22:40:52 +0900

Pete French wrote:

At first I forgot to set GSFontAntiAlias to YES and, naturally,
got the same result as that of the xlib backend.  After setting
the environmental variable correctly, the trouble has disappeared!

Now thats interesting. I didnt even know about the GSFontAntiAlias setting
and I havent touched it - yet I do not see the bug you see.

hmmm...

-pete.

Accroding to GNUstep/System/Library/Documentation/Developer/Gui/Reference
/DefaultsSummary.html,

GSFontAntiAlias
A boolean value which defaults to NO. If set to YES and the X-Windows (sic) system has the XFT extension, then the application will use anti-aliased fonts
  as provided by the X-Windows (sigh) system.

As such, I think it is simply a matter of system configuration. My system usually uses standard bitmap fonts as default. So I have to set it explicitly when I want to use
anti-aliased ones.

- KK