Re: Text drawing bug - gaps after 16th character in scaled view

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Text drawing bug - gaps after 16th character in scaled view
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 15:43:40 +0100

> xwd(1) and xwud(1) are the utilities accompanied with X11R6.

O.K. - just took a look at that. Ugh! Thats very wrong. Was that with
the ART backend or the XLIB one ?

> I tried it with a few fonts of different sizes, and got the same results.
> What is strange is that some applications display strings correctly while
> the other ones not.  When I changed the string of that program, it sometimes
> worked fine.  It seemingly depends on the length of a given string.  But
> I could not find any behavioral order.

Its not the same bug aas the one I get, but its certainly *a* bug. I have
just tried allmy code here with the latest CVS though (unsing the 'art'
backend) and my problem with the ends of strings in alert panels has gone
away.

try it with the latest CVS coode and AT backend and see what happens.

-bat.