Re: GWorkspace.app Feature Request-- Tabbed Shelf

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: GWorkspace.app Feature Request-- Tabbed Shelf
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 13:17:18 +0300

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 02:45:55 +0300
Enrico Sersale <enrico@dtedu.net> wrote:

And I see that you have icons of .jpg files that show a preview of the
image.

On 2003-06-23 04:58:04 +0300 Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@sympatico.ca> wrote:

Jpeg's previews work fine for me out of the box. I don't know whether
libwraster or libart is responsible for the display. It seems like one
of your libraries haven't been compiled with jpeg support.
Charles

No, I've jpeg support. The problem is something else. In the screenshot, all
the icons of .jpg files *are* a preview of the contents of the file. I know
that NSWorkspace, in -_iconForExtension:, checks if there is a user-specified
preference for an icon, but this doesn't seem that case. So, I'm wondering
where these icons come from...