Re: problems building - faiiling due to autogsdoc

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: problems building - faiiling due to autogsdoc
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 15:06:16 -0700

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 22:52:14 +0100
Pete French <pete@twisted.org.uk> wrote:
> How is this detected ? Its not doing this under FreeBSD (no define in
> GSConfig.h) if I just run configure. If, however, I configure
> the system with --disable-procfs --disable-openssl as suggested by
> Chris then I do get the define.
> Unfortunately, if I dot that, then when it tries to run autgsdoc I
> get:
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: ../Tools/obj/autogsdoc: Undefined symbol
> "main"

I noticed that problem with several tools, interestingly not consistent
and never with applications...

In those cases it won't work, as a workaround, you can use sth like

  #ifdef gnustep_base_user_main
  int gnustep_base_user_main(int argc, char * const *argv)
  #else
  int main(int argc, char * const *argv)
  #endif
  {
  // Your main here...
  }

Doesn't look nice, but works.

> BSD does have a procfs filesystem, and the environment is accessible
> using**environ, so I dont think this is the right way to do this. On
> the other hand the + load method isnt called. So I dont think any of
> the actual configuration methods are being called in the object, which
> would explain the lack of any arguments.

The problem here is that GNUstep assumes a Linux (*sigh*) /procfs which
is very different from a BSD /procfs and therefor all /procfs dependant
parts of GNUstep do not work properly -- unless you --disable-procfs.

--
Chris