Re: Vertical text rears its ugly head again...

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Vertical text rears its ugly head again...
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 10:27:05 +0100

> As DPS is not supported under MOSX, you may want to replace most of the
> PS... calls by NSBezierPath calls, and the rotation by using
> NSAffineTransform (use -concat to apply it to the current state).
> NSGraphicsContext's saveGraphicsState/restoreGraphicsState can be used
> to replace PSgsave/PSgrestore calls. I haven't tried it for rotating
> text, but it should work...

I thought that Apple had implemented most of the PS functions calls as
wrappers around those methods already ? The errors I get are something
like "CGSaveGraphicsState2 -- path != NULL" which made me think it was
the gsave and grestore that were doing it - but I changed those to
use the NSGraphicsContext stuff and it didnt work.

I am loathe to change everything as it then makes it non-backward-compatible
with OpenStep and thew file becomes full if #ifdefs :-( but I will give it
a shot when I get home. WIll those calls work O.K. under GNUstep ?

-bat.