Re: of applications for gnustep...

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: of applications for gnustep...
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 09:54:22 -0700

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 02:14:43 +0100
Nicolas Roard <nicolas@roard.com> wrote:
[...]
> He's not saying that C++ is as great as ObjC, but that bashing C++
> (and thus, C++ programmers)

This is silly. Just because I state that you drive a run-down car
doesn't imply you're a bad driver.

No one was or is basing C++ _programmers_

Geez, why do people always take critizism about their programming
language as a personal attack?

[...]
> ObjC++ only interesst will be to simplify the use of _existing_ C++
> libraries. I don't think people consider ObjC++ as a new language
> (damn, I don't know why it even has a name !) -- it's just the
> possibility to mix in the same source two different languages.
[...]

That last statement was my point exactly.

You do NOT mix two DIFFERENT languages in ONE source file. C++ and
Objective-C may have a common 'foundation', C, and are therefor
_related_ -- yet they are DIFFERENT.

Ever thought of mixing Pascal and Modula-3 in one source file?
Probably not. Why not? They too are related?!

--
Chris