Re: My GWorkspace feature request

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: My GWorkspace feature request
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 17:41:35 +0300

On 2003-06-15 22:31:15 +0300 Nicolas Roard <nicolas@roard.com> wrote:

On 2003-06-15 12:15:48 +0000 Enrico Sersale <enrico@dtedu.net> wrote:

GWorkspace already has a contextual menu that pops-up when you ctrl-right-click
on an icon.
In this menu there is a list with all the apps that can open the file.
If you want, I can add at the end of this menu an item "Open With..." that
shows a little window where you can enter the name of a not listed app.

Hm I didn't knew that feature ! it's great :-)
And yes, an item "Open With..." would be cool imho.
It will be perhaps better to have this menu opened via a single right-click,
and not via ctrl-right-click ... is it implemented as a pop-up menu ? What's
the policy of GNUstep considering the right-click pop-up menu ? I thought
that wasn't implemented ...

Yes, it is a popup; look in GWLib/BIcon.m, in -menuForEvent:, for example.
I think that right-click must show the Application Menu, so I've added a
modifyer.