Re: My GWorkspace feature request

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: My GWorkspace feature request
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 11:07:32 +0100

On 2003-06-15 09:51:00 +0000 Christopher Culver
<crculver@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

I think instead of showing all the appicons, it would be better to just list the names of
the application. Once a user clicks on the name, then the appicon would be shown. This is
how the "Run..." option in the GNOME panel works, and I think it's a nice
implementation.

hmm.. I don't know... showing the appicons seems to me more intuitive/nice
than showing a list of names; I mean, the list only consists of the applications
which can handles the file, not *every* applications installed; thus in general
you won't have 42 appicons to show but more in the range of 1-4 ...
As the number of applications is quite low, listing directly the appicon doesn't
hurts imho. Of course if we had dozens of applications to show, a name list
would be better...

For the desktop background, you could also not use it and let wmaker handles it.

Yes, but since GNUstep is supposedly moving away from WindowMaker, I still
think GWorkspace is going to have to duplicate some of its functionality.

Ok

--
Nicolas Roard