How to write a string

From: Christopher Culver
Subject: How to write a string
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:04:44 +0300

I have a feeling that this will have a painfully obvious answer, but after looking through the API I'm still not sure how to do this.

I have a string, NSString *aString. How do I put this string on the pasteboard? Must I initialise an NSPasteboard and write to it (which Cocoa docs seem to suggest), or can I just pass a message to NSApp? In any event, please let me know the code necessary.

Christopher Culver