Re: Introduce me to NSTableView

From: Tobias
Subject: Re: Introduce me to NSTableView
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 08:05:33 +0200

Am Freitag, 6. Juni 2003 02:03 schrieb Christopher Culver:
> I'm trying to implement two NSTableViews for my GSCharmap application.
> One, the actual character map itself, will be somewhat complex and I'll
> worry about that later.

what do you think about a matrix of textfields.
as i know charmaps, they always consist of a constant 'table', which has a
constant number of rows and columns.
i think you will not have to worry about NSTableView too much. matrices are so
much easier...
and programatically you can simply store your fields in a two dimensional
array, and set
[fields[ i ][ j ] setText: [self textForColumn: i row: j];

or something like that (i am not very familiar with charmaps, so feel free to
do it better ;)

hope, that helps

~ibotty