Re: Problem getting back-art to run

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: Problem getting back-art to run
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 15:37:00 -0700

On 4 Jun 2003 15:09:26 -0700
jmckitrick@yahoo.com (jonathon) wrote:
> "Chris B. Vetter" <chrisv@web4inc.com> wrote in message
> > Set 'defaults write NSGlobalDomain "Local Time Zone" <your
> > location>'
> What kind of 'set' do you mean here?  This isn't an environment
> variable is it?  Or is it something set programmatically?  Or in the
> GNUstep preferences directory?  Or the startup script?

The "Local Time Zone" needs to be set in your user's UserDefaults file,
eg. ~/GNUstep/Defaults/.GNUstepDefaults.

To do that, on your shell, type eg.

  defaults write NSGlobalDomain "Local Time Zone" "Europe/Rome"

Of course you can add that line to your login script, or (as I do) in
your ~/.xinitrc or ~/.xsession respectively

--
Chris