Re: Fw: A PORT TO WIN32?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Fw: A PORT TO WIN32?
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 19:46:19 +0200

Hi Hugues,

Hugues Joly wrote:
> I'd like to get the latest developments regarding the port of
> GnuStep to Windows.
> Is it still going on?  What's the timeframe?
>
> I'd like to know if there is any mailing list devoted to this topic.

as you propably know the base part of GNUstep is rather stable on Windows. What is missing is a stable back end for GUI and a few minor parts of GUI that are OS dependent (NSWorkspace). The back end for Windows was a small effort I made last year to get GNUstep somehow runing on the only computer I had available while abroad. I stoped to work on it, when I was back home. So, as usual with GNUstep there is no timeframe for it at all. If you want to pick up the work, feel free to do so. I may start this project again myself, if enough people ask for it. By now I do have a new computer at home with Windows XP installed on it, for which I did not find any proper use up to now.

Cheers
Fred