Re: gcc3.3 warnings

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: gcc3.3 warnings
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 10:14:21 -0700

On 25 May 2003 00:31:29 -0400
Travis Tilley <aphelion@snet.net> wrote:
> cbv will likely go on about how great gcc3.3 is regardless of what I
> say, but I feel a few warnings at least are worth mentioning.

Boo (c:

> gcc3.3 can not compile the new glibc
> gcc3.3 can not compile the kernel
> gcc3.3 gives an internal compiler error for me when compiling
> ncurses-5.3:

On FreeBSD (and possibly others as well) you cannot even use any
gcc3x to compile the kernel, if kernel version is < 5.
I also haven't been able to compile MySQL on anything other than
gcc2953.

Yet, I had some problems compiling ObjC related stuff using gcc32x
that switching to gcc33 fixed.

--
Chris