Re: gnustep-base-1.6.0 Testing Output

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: gnustep-base-1.6.0 Testing Output
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 20:27:41 -0600

Chris Beaham wrote:
Good Morning Everyone

I am trying to get the gnustep-base-1.6.0 snapshot up and running on Solaris 8 (SunOS 5.8) and it is difficult to determine what the programs in the "Testing" subdirectory should actually do. What I mean to say, is that I have no predefined output listing of each program that I can compare my results to. I have tried to run almost all of the programs, however some of them output absolutely nothing to the terminal, but when I look at the code, I see printf's and NSLog stuff all over the place. Obviously something is wrong.

Can anyone send me a correct output listing of each test program?! Does this already exist somewhere? IMHO, this should be a part of the distribution itself.

The tests weren't really meant to be comprehensive or give some kind of standard output. Basically it the program doesn't crash, then the test probably worked.

For slightly more work, a better method for testing is to install gnustep-guile and run the gnustep-tests testsuite. See the downloads page for the location of these