gcc3.3 warnings

From: Travis Tilley
Subject: gcc3.3 warnings
Date: 25 May 2003 00:31:29 -0400

cbv will likely go on about how great gcc3.3 is regardless of what I
say, but I feel a few warnings at least are worth mentioning.

gcc3.3 can not compile the new glibc
gcc3.3 can not compile the kernel
gcc3.3 gives an internal compiler error for me when compiling
ncurses-5.3:

cd ../obj_s;  gcc -DNDEBUG -D_GNU_SOURCE -I. -I../include
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -march=pentium4 -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -mfpmath=sse
-mmmx -msse -msse2 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing  -fPIC -c
../form/frm_driver.c
../form/frm_driver.c:3093: internal compiler error: in remove_edge, at
callgraph.c:189
Please submit a full bug report,

gcc3.3 has changed it's strictness in regards to aliasing in a seemingly
inconsistant way.... to fix this you need to add the option
-fno-strict-aliasing
gcc3.3 has changed a few GNU extensions with which i am not familiar and
i only pass on that info from what i heard in the channel #gnustep

If anyone else has anything else to add, please do. It seriously bothers
me when someone can see all this and then tell me in channel that for
them gcc3.3 is rock solid and it's ok it cant compile the kernel.....

-Aphelion-