Re: Rotating text

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Rotating text
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 18:15:14 +0100

> I am trying to plot text vertically, along the Y axis of a graph.  I
> don't know how to get bezierpaths to handle my message as glyphs, and
> I cannot figure out any other way to get it to work.

In OpenStep you just do:

PSgsave();
PSrotate(-90);
/* do the text */
PSgrestore();

last time I tried this in GNUstep it did not work because the text drawing
code didnt handle rotates and scales. There was once a patch which made
this work proprly, but it was never committed.

After the recent (and very enlightening) thread on images I am inclined
to think it might work in back-art though. But I have not had time to try
it myself yet.

-bat.