Re: Please help with image rotation and scaling.

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Please help with image rotation and scaling.
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 15:21:49 +0100

> It==libart or back-art?

In that case back-art...

> back-art uses freetype for text handling, and can do arbitrary linear
> transforms for glyphs.

So 45 degree text should work then. Thats excellent. The patchs o
make the X11 backend do txt were retype based as well if I remember
correctly.

> Well, back-art is supposed to handle just about anything that you can
> throw at it :). 2 bits/component color works in my tests, but the tests
> are artificial, so there might be something broken that prevents it from
> working in real cases. If so, I'd appreciate a report and some code or
> an image that triggers it.

*blink* again, hts interesting - because my comment "it doesnt do 2/2/2" is
based upon going to the libart site and looking at the image formats
they support. At the time (which was fairly recently) it said 8 bit RGB.

Which is a long-winded ay of saying "I didnt actually try it" :-)

So, looks like I am going to have to give back-art a shot hen. Are
here any thins that it doesnt do better than the default X11 backend ?
If the ansrs 'no' then why are we maintaining two backends at all ?

-bat.