Re: NSActionCell help

From: Chad Hardin
Subject: Re: NSActionCell help
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 18:18:41 -0700

Ok, never mind. I used NSMatrix doubleClick target/action setup. It wasn't working before because I did not put the : in the @selector(). That's why I was scratching my head why my action wasn't being called.

So, now I can query NSMatrix to figure out which cell was double clicked. Can someone tel me the best way to do this?

Thanks!

Chad

Chad Hardin wrote:

Ok, looking for some help here.

I have an NSMatrix full of DockTileCell's, which are subclassed from
NSActionCell.  I'm doing everything progranatically, no GORM or
anything.  I want to handle mouse clicks in my DockTileCell's.  I know
and understand that I can use the NSCell startTrackingAt and variants to
see where the mouse is moving, no problem there, I am getting those.
 However, how would I set it up so that I can detect double clicks in my
cells?  I see that NSMatrix has the setDoubleAction, but I'm not really
sure how to set it up, as I'm doing this stuff programatically.   Maybe
I should reimplement trackMouse:inRect:ofView:untilMouseUp instead of
NSMatrix's setDoubleAction? Can someone help me with this?

Much apreciated!

Chad