Re: [Gnumail-users] Date in outgoing mails

From: Martin Brecher
Subject: Re: [Gnumail-users] Date in outgoing mails
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 14:24:55 +0200

[I think this belongs on gnustep-discuss, too]

MJ Ray wrote:
Ludovic Marcotte <ludovic@Sophos.ca> wrote:

Which version of GNUstep -base are you using? If it's base 1.6.0, that
won't work. You must update to a CVS version of GNUstep in order to

I can never decide who is wrong here.  It's a bit daft having apps that
won't work on the latest "stable" release of GNUstep, because they're
useless to normal users, but equally, does it mean that we are having
"stable" releases of GNUstep too seldom?

I think this "you must use CVS version" is one of the biggest problem
with GNUstep today that stops it getting the popularity it should.

MJR

I strongly agree with MJ. I currently aid a friend in setting up GNUstep. Half the apps (releases) don't compile because he is using the last stable release of GNUstep. I won't tell him to use cvs because it's broken every other day...

One prime example was the big change in the directory layout (which was a good thing(tm)). When such big changes happen, maybe there should be a release two weeks afterwards (giving app developers enough time to update their applications).

Have a nice weekend,
Martin