Ignoring Framework/Library Headers

From: Lyndon Tremblay
Subject: Ignoring Framework/Library Headers
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 03:17:14 -0600 (MDT)

I've compiled a command-line tool (clipboard, written for OSX, http://itp.stanford.edu/~zunger/clipboard.html). It uses NSPasteboard and NSString AppKitAdditions, and since it was set up as just a plain tool, it was not set up to link with -gui. It found headers for AppKit, so this only resulted in errors at link time. I don't think it should have found the AppKit headers, of course. This is probably nothing to worry about now if -base and -gui will become frameworks, and also because it's way too much work since AppKit/ and Foundation/ reside in the same -I include path.

Just some random thoughts

--lyndont