Re: Horizontal menus.

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Horizontal menus.
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 08:40:58 +0100

> Err, yes it is. The "apple menu" is the one with the name of the application
> on it. Its *not* the menu which drops down from the little blue apple!

...and from the apple documentation...

http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macosx/Cocoa/Reference/ApplicationKit/ObjC_classic/Classes/NSApplication.html#BAJIJCBI

- (void)setAppleMenu:(NSMenu *)menu

"Sets the receivers application menu (the menu immediately to the
right of the system Apple menu) to menu. This method should be
called at startup; otherwise the current menu may not change."

Its something I think we should look at putting in to GNUstep. Definitely
with the new horizontal menus, as we can now implement it "properly".
Maybe have some smart code so that if the apple menu is set on vertical
menus it adds the options onto the main menu in an intelligent manner ?
Much as it has been suggested that they options are taken off the main
menu and added under the "apple" (i.e. application) menu on the horizontal
menu code.

-bat.