Re: [Q] StepTalk Build on Windows OS

From: S.J.Chun
Subject: Re: [Q] StepTalk Build on Windows OS
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 00:26:29 +0900 (KST)

I've tested :-)

Several problems newly occurred!!
1. Languages/Smalltalk, NSString+additions.m not found but included in the
GNUmakefile
2. Languages/Smalltalk itself needs libStepTalk but this requirement is not
correctly specified in the GNUmakefile, so
    in the process of linking, it failed (like I've stated in the previous
mail). To build, I've added
    Smalltalk_BUNDLE_LIBS = -L../../Source/shared_obj -lStepTalk
    to the GNUmakefile. I'm not sure this is correct way
3. Finders/DistributedFinder is the same case as 2. Actually
DistributedFinder_BUNDLE_LIBS is specified but
    -L../../Source/shared_obj for library location is not.
4. Modules/ObjectiveC is also the same case; ObjectiveC_BUNDLE_LIBS should be
specified with library location,
    instead of StelTalk_BUNDLE_LIBS.
5. Finally, path manipulation, I think this is related to NSPathUtilities, is
somewhat obscured. I'm not sure all errors
   are related to this, but after successful build, the application does not
work. stupdate_languages itself does not
   work. It just want to write configuration file to the wrong location(which
does not exist).  I'm also not sure whether
   this is related to MSys environment or not.

Hope this can help your debugging and my StepTalk life. :-)