Re: RIGS - compile error + patch

From: ibotty
Subject: Re: RIGS - compile error + patch
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 03:43:41 +0200

>   I have a Ruby/GNUstep bridge, called Rainbow,
>   which is derived from RIGS.
>   http://www.people.virginia.edu/~yc2w/GNUstep/english/
>   It is mainly used for scripting in GNUstep
>   and exchanging data between Ruby and GNUstep.
>   So it is a subset of RIGS with scripting enhancement.

this is not, what i need, i do not need scripting (so far), but i regularly
prototype applications with ruby and (maybe) rewrite them in objc...

>   There is a rubycocoa, which is very similiar to RIGS.
>   But it's too hard for me to port it without a mac.

i do not think, it is needed to port it. rigs works really good, if you get it
to compile.
and it does compile, if you rename said method.

>   Depending on your need,
>   Rainbow suppose to work O.K.,
>   but need to be improved.
>   There is a script demo in CodeEditor,

maybe, i should take a look into rainbow ;), sound great.
i prefer ruby to smalltalk, so i like this approach more.

>   Have fun

i have!
ruby is so nice, even more so than openstep ;)

~ibotty