gnustep-make 1.6.0 question...

From: Tyson Whitehead
Subject: gnustep-make 1.6.0 question...
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 21:50:29 -0400

I'm an and x86 Debian (unstable) Linux box.  I have the latest gnustep-make
package (1.6.0-1).  I was trying to pass some flags to the linker for the
library instance type using the xxx_LDFLAGS, and it doesn't seem to work.

I was looking through the make files and and to the best that I could
determine:

The link command is: $(LIB_LINK_CMD) --Instances/library.make
This is defined as: $(SHARED_LIB_LINK_CMD) -- common.make
Which is defined as:
  $(CC) $(SHARED_LD_PREFLAGS) -shared -Wl,-soname,$(LIB_LINK_SONAME_FILE) \
      -o $(LIB_LINK_OBJ_DIR)/$(LIB_LINK_VERSION_FILE) $^ \
      $(INTERNAL_LIBRARIES_DEPEND_UPON) \
      $(SHARED_LD_POSTFLAGS) -- target.make

Shouldn't there be a $($(GNUSTEP_INSTANCE)_LDFLAGS) in there (or, more
consistent with other instance types, a $(ADDITIONAL_LDFLAGS))?

I'll hack it into SHARED_LD_PREFLAGS or SHARED_LD_POSTFLAGS for now...

Thanks,
-T
--
 Tyson Whitehead  (-twhitehe@uwo.ca -- WSC-)
 Computer Engineer                          Dept. of Applied Mathematics,