Re: Backend compile errors with --enable-graphics=art

From: Tobias
Subject: Re: Backend compile errors with --enable-graphics=art
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 22:32:57 +0200

> I'd like to compile GNUstep with TrueType font support. AFAIK, I need the
> art backend for this to work. Unfortunately, compiling the art backend
> gives me the following errors:
> [snip]

this is a problem with freetype. most major distributions have freetype 2.1.x,
but this is the unstable version (according to freetype folks, afaik). so
back-art still targets freetype 2.0.x, which differs in font-caching.

find the patch here: http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/FTC_Image_Desc

~ibotty