Re: project goal Re: Release schedule

From: Jeff Teunissen
Subject: Re: project goal Re: Release schedule
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 05:15:18 -0400

Nicolas Souchu wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 09:38:49PM -0400, Jeff Teunissen wrote:

[snip]

> > Assumes facts not in evidence...primarily, that there is a need for
> > Fresco in the first place, though that is by no means the only one.
> > GGI is garbage, GII is worse,
>
> Could you please detail this? :) Note that Fresco runs on SDL also.
>
> > KGI is never going to become part of the kernel
> > because Linus hates it,
>
> Not Linux but... FreeBSD in the near future.

Hmm, I wasn't aware that the FreeBSD core team had taken leave of their
senses.

Really, KGI/GGI/GII are crap, from the perspective of someone who has had
to code with them. To detail my objections to it would take altogether too
much time, and would require me to access a certain set of bad memories
that I'd rather not revisit.