Re: RFC: Changes to the Gorm GUI

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: RFC: Changes to the Gorm GUI
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 23:32:46 -0400

From: Gregory Casamento <greg_casamento@yahoo.com>
To: discuss-gnustep@gnu.org
Subject: RFC: Changes to the Gorm GUI
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 18:44:00 -0700 (PDT)

All,

There are two major changes I have been considering over the past few weeks
that I want to open up to public debate:

 [snip]

2) I am also considering changing the Gorm "toolbar" to be an NSTabView. This
would be, in my opinion, more useable and more visually attractive.

 I just curious whether NSTabView supports images (icon).
 Big images in Gorm now are easy to find.
 If NSTabView have the same big images,
 I vote for it.

 By the way, report bugs from my memory (no GNUstep around):
 1. When nextKeyView is connected,
    it can't connect to the actions.
    Press on target shows no actions.
 2. In class view, when there are a lot outlets (5-10) and no action,
    click on the small action button will collapse the outlets,
    and the selection will jump to other class above.
 3. When open a Gorm file with menus,
    all the submenus will show up, and behavior as true menus.
    So I can't make connection between menu and other object
    because clicking on menus is not selecting them,
    but calling the action in the menus. (Hope you can understand me. :)

 Yen-Ju

Thanks, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento
-- bheron on #gnustep, #linuxstep, & #gormtalk ----------------
Please sign the petition against software patents at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/pasp01/petition.html
Petition to make Lighthouse Application Suite Free Software at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/laafs/petition.html
--- Main Developer of Gorm (featured in April Linux Journal) ---