Re: Objective-C++?

From: Dirk Theisen
Subject: Re: Objective-C++?
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 09:50:32 +0200 (Europe/Berlin)

Hi!

On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 20:48:32 -0400
David Relson <relson@osagesoftware.com> wrote:
For the most part I dislike C++, but it has one feature I'd really
like to have in Objective-C - the ability to declare variables
_anywhere_ it makes sense (not just at the start of a block).  One
[...]

Though I especially DON'T like that feature, as it makes reading the
source pretty confusing and may lead to sloppy programming, I use it
for debugging - you can do that already in plain ObjC.

This is already available in recent gcc versions. Apples gcc can do it and it is part of the C99 standard. Thanks god. The only feature I liked better about Java (apart from having GC). :-)

Dirk