Re: Gorm and ProjectCenter

From: Scott Christley
Subject: Re: Gorm and ProjectCenter
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 21:44:02 -0700

Awesome, thanks!

Scott

On Sunday, April 6, 2003, at 09:01 PM, Gregory Casamento wrote:

Fixed.

--- Gregory Casamento <greg_casamento@yahoo.com> wrote:
Found the issue mentioned in the previous email and I am working on a fix.
The class inspector was not updating itself properly.

--- Gregory Casamento <greg_casamento@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hey Scott!!

--- Scott Christley <schristley@mac.com> wrote:

Greetings,

I've recently compiled GNUstep from cvs as well as the Gorm and
ProjectCenter applications.  There seems to be an incompatibility
between the two applications.  When I create an application in
ProjectCenter, the Gorm archive file is a single file; however, Gorm
itself wants to create a directory with a set of files, so it appears that Gorm has upgraded its archival mechanism. Can anybody tell me if
there are specific versions of these apps which work together well?

This is a current problem I've been meaning to tell Phillipe C.D. Robert
about.
I am currently maintaining Gorm and I noticed this problem several months
ago.

Also while playing around with Gorm, I noticed a possible bug. When I have a custom view, new classes that I added in the classes dialog (In
this case a subclass of NSView); those new classes do not show up in
the custom view's class inspector; i.e. I cannot change the class of
the custom view to my own class. Am I just doing something wrong here?

I believe I've validated this bug. I will look into the cause. Thx.

thanks
Scott Christley

ps: It's great to see the progress that GNUstep has made!

Later, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento
-- bheron on #gnustep, #linuxstep, & #gormtalk ----------------
Please sign the petition against software patents at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/pasp01/petition.html
Petition to make Lighthouse Application Suite Free Software at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/laafs/petition.html
--- Main Developer of Gorm (featured in April Linux Journal) ---

=====