Re[2]: ANNOUNCE: skyrix-core-42 available

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Re[2]: ANNOUNCE: skyrix-core-42 available
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 13:58:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 23:24:41 -0500 Yen-Ju Chen <yjchenx@hotmail.com> wrote:

 >|   As a non-professional, incapable developer,
 >|   I truely hope that there is an official library for such things.
 >|   Otherwise, I always have to worry about whether the libraries
 >|   my application depends on will not be maintained in the future,
 >|   and I'm not able to do that by myself.
 >|   For example, I'm looking for a XML and socket Objective-C library.
 >|   But the only one I can trust is to use GSXML and
 >|   the NSFileHandle extension because I know they will be maintained.
 >|   I know some others may be better, but if they die,
 >|   my applications die along with them. :(
 >|   Actually I don't care whether GNUstep is OPENSTEP/Cocoa compatible.
 >|   I use it because it is great and consistent.
 >|   Actually I love these GS classes and extension/additions
 >|   because they are pretty useful.
 >|   I also hope there are something like regular expression,
 >|   a socket (not NSFileHandler), MD5, etc.
 >|   They are so basical and very handy than working on the C libraries.

I agree.
I'd also like to see GNustep repository having large libraries collection, as
perl has with CPAN.
It's (IMHO) a good thing to convince people to work with/for GNUstep.

Manuel

Manuel Guesdon - ORANGE CONCEPT <mguesdon@orange-concept.com>
14 rue Jean-Baptiste Clement  -  93200 Saint-Denis  -  France
Tel: +33 1 4940 0997  -  Fax: +33 1 4940 0998