Re: Instant Messenger Application ?

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: Instant Messenger Application ?
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 14:11:19 -0500

 I just check the source code of fire.
 To me, the user interface is not a big problem.
 It will be redesigned anyway.
 It's hard to maintain the GNUstep and Cocoa in the same source code
 as GNUMail in this case.
 What I'm more interested are how it handles the IM protocol.
 The problem will be the minor Carbon and Objective-C++ code inside.
 An alternative will be the netclasses,
 which is already used in TalkSoup.
 I just wonder how well it can handle UDP besides TCP ?
 Maybe write a new one based on netclasses/TalkSoup will be easlier.

 Yen-Ju