Re: NSMenu* and NSPopuUp* issues

From: Jim Balhoff
Subject: Re: NSMenu* and NSPopuUp* issues
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 13:28:37 -0500

On Thursday, March 27, 2003, at 01:40 PM, Ian Jones wrote:

The thing I like about the NeXT style menus is that they need not take up any space at all. I tend to set the defaults to put the standard app menus off screen, and use the right click menu feature. That way you only have a menu when you want it. Though it may be a nice feature to have the menu hang around after right clicking (closable though) incase you wish to tear off a submenu, currently the behaviour is that once you have made your selection and released the mouse button the menu dissapears.

Yep - this is one of the main reasons I'd like the menu to persist after a quick right-click - allowing you to tear off a submenu.

- Jim