Application Scripting Support - rewritten

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Application Scripting Support - rewritten
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:01:53 +0100

Hi all,

I've added rewritten application scripting support bundle to StepTalk. It
provides:

http://urbanek.host.sk/scriptingmenu.png
http://urbanek.host.sk/scriptspanel.png

From the README:

What is Application Scripting Bundle ?

Bundle that allows users to 'script' applications. In other words, for example,
users can:
- extend the behaviour of application by adding their own functionality
- automate tasks in the application
- create a batch task

How to make applications scriptable is described in Documentation. It can be
done very easily in less than five minutes (try and see :-).

The bundle features:
- Scripting application menu
- ability to execute application specific scripts (Each application has its own
scripts)
- ability to execute any selected text - this can be handy

Scripts are stored in */Library/StepTalk/application_name/. (Any other
suggestions for alternative, nicer place?)

More information can be found in StepTalk documentation directory and on
http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Application%20Scripting

It is available in StepTalk CVS and I will prepare a new release of it soon.

I want to change the name, because ApplicationScripting is same as apples
.framework name. I was thinking about AppTalking or as suggested on IRC:
ScriptingExtension. The name should reflect somehow that it is about scripting
and applications. Any other ideas?

Testers are welcome.

Stefan Urbanek
--
http://urbanek.host.sk

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you
win.
- Mahatma Gandhi