NSMenu* and NSPopuUp* issues

From: Serg Stoyan
Subject: NSMenu* and NSPopuUp* issues
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:18:31 +0200

Hi everybody,

Currently I'm working on fixing as much as possible NSMenu* and
NSPopUp* related problems and bugs. I've found semi-working horizontal
menus code. I've search through mail list archive and found discussions
about horizontal menus. As a result of this discussion was:

1. Doesn't add horizontal menus into GNUstep library.
2. If someone needs this, reach this feature by making theme bundle.
(example: http://w1.423.telia.com/~u42308495/alex/sillytheme-0.0.tar.gz)

So, finally, we have to decide: Do we need horizontal menus in GNUstep
library or not? There is 2 ways:

1. We decide to leave horizontal menus -- I'll finish implementation.
2. We decide to remove -- I'll remove horizontal menus code.

Another little question is about menu close button. I've made this
button act like NSMomentaryPushButton to behave like WindowMaker's one.
But OPENSTEP close button acts like NSMomentaryChangeButton: it is
highlighted and not pushed. I see 2 ways of resolving this issue:

1. Stick to OPENSTEP's behavior and make patch for WindowMaker.
2. Stick to WindowMaker's behavior.

awating for comments,
--
Serg Stoyan