Re: GNUstep cookbook.

From: Andreas Heppel
Subject: Re: GNUstep cookbook.
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 10:09:50 +0100

Hi!

On 2003-03-14 00:02:44 +0100 ibotty <ibotty@web.de> wrote:

i like it,
Me, too.
I believe we all started to do GNUstep programming by learning and copying from others' code. A cookbook might make this easier.

but it may be very hard to maintain.

ive seen many cookbooks, most of them dont give valuable help, because they do not work with current code.

i somewhen, long time ago
(well, actually not that long (im not that old... ;))
tried to maintain such a beast... it is really no pleasure!
My suggestion for this is that very person who contributes a 'recipe' to this cookbook will be responsible (and should feel so) to maintain this part as GNUstep evolves further. We might have one or two (or maybe more for different formats) editors being responsible to maintain a unique 'look-and-feel' for the cookbook.

Cheers,
Andreas

--
Andreas Heppel

Mail: aheppel at web dot de
Home: http://www.andreasheppel.de

Check out Burn.app - the CD burning frontend for GNUstep
http://gsburn.sourceforge.net